Nassau County Humanitarian Relief Applications

Serving Nassau, Suffolk, & Queens

Our Experienced Attorneys and Staff Can Assist You with The Following:

  • VAWA Petition for Battered Spouses, Children, or Parents
  • U-Visa for Victims of Certain Crimes
  • TPS – Temporary Protected Status
  • DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
  • Advanced Parole (Travel Document)

Terezakis Law Firm has served immigrants to the United States for over 25 years. Our founding attorney, George A. Terezakis, has developed a reputation as a well respected immigration and criminal defense lawyer you can count on. Please see our review of common forms of humanitarian relief, discussed below. Call today at (516) 550-5323 or contact us online. Consultations and payment plans are available.

Experience You Can Trust
WE HELP KEEP Families Together. Call today at (516) 550-5323 to set up a consultation. Hablamos Español.

Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”)

The VAWA program allows women and men who have been abused by their U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident relative, i.e., a spouse, parent, or child, to independently petition for themselves and obtain lawful status in the U.S. We can help you prepare and file your VAWA application, and also file your application for adjustment of status at the same time, which can provide you with a work authorization. This program allows you to obtain lawful status in the U.S. even if you were not admitted to the U.S. and entered without inspection.

U-Nonimmigrant Visa (U-Visa)

The U-Visa program is a pathway to obtaining a green card for certain individuals who have been victims of certain crimes, who have suffered mental or physical injury as a result, and who have been helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of certain criminal activity. One of the biggest benefits of this program is the ability to obtain a waiver for most grounds of inadmissibility including unlawful entries into the U.S., alien smuggling, and for certain criminal convictions.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

TPS provides temporary legal status and protection from removal from the U.S. to nationals of countries, who are here in the U.S. when their country is designated for TPS by the Secretary of State, often due to national disasters, war, or political instability, that prevents those nationals from returning to their country safely. 

Countries Currently Designated for TPS Include:

  • El Salvador (Open Re-registration)
  • Honduras (Open Re-registration)
  • Haiti (Open Re-registration)
  • Nicaragua
  • Venezuela (Open Registration)

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (“DACA”)

The DACA program allows certain undocumented individuals who arrived in the U.S. as children and who met certain eligibility requirements to obtain a work permit and social security number, and allows them to avoid deportation and remain in the U.S. Certain misdemeanor convictions, or any felony conviction, results in the loss of DACA status. This policy remains in effect. Our office can help you renew your DACA.  
Advanced Parole

If you have a valid TPS or DACA status, you may be able to request permission to temporarily travel abroad if you meet certain criteria, but you should not do so without first reviewing your immigration history with an experienced immigration attorney. Once you return to the U.S., after a valid entry with parole, your entry may then be used as a lawful entry for purposes of adjustment of status. For more information, contact our office to schedule a consultation with our experienced immigration attorneys.

Our Clients Love Us!

They really care for their clients and their families and they take on some of the most difficult cases I have seen and have been successful.

- Monica P.
  • Avvo Clients' Choice 2022
  • Super Lawyers
  • Practitioner of the Year 2013 by Nassau County Criminal Courts Bar Association
  • Community Advocate of the Year 2011 by Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
  • Pro Bono Attorney of the Year 1996 by Central American Refugee Center

Providing legal services to immigrants and their families throughout Nassau County.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.